CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Indicator 7 - Preschool Outcomes
Percent of preschool children aged 3 through 5 with IEPs who demonstrate improvement in the following areas:
- Indicator 7A. Positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships).
- Indicator 7B. Acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language/ communication and early literacy).
- Indicator 7C. Use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs.
(20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(A))
The state must report on 3 outcomes:
- Positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships);
- Acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language/communication and early literacy); and
- Use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs.
For each outcome, the state must report the percent of children who qualify for the following two summary statements:
Summary Statement 1: Of those preschool children who entered the preschool program below age expectations in each Outcome, the percent who substantially increased their rate of growth by the time they turned 6 years of age or exited the program.
Summary Statement 2: The percent of preschool children who were functioning within age expectations in each Outcome by the time they turned 6 years of age or exited the program.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
Administrative Unit Level
- Local Report of Summary Statement Data, 2015-2016 (Excel)
- Local Report of Summary Statement Data, 2016-2017 (Excel)
- Local Report of Summary Statement Data, 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Local Report of Summary Statement Data, 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Local Report of Summary Statement Data, 2019-2020 (Excel)
- Preschool Outcomes: A Data Dialogue on OSEP Indicator 7 Reporting Training Modules (Sign in as a Guest when prompted)
- Results Matter (resources)
- Child Outcomes Step By Step Video
- More background on Child and Family Outcomes
- Technical Derivation of Indicator 7 Progress Categories and Summary Statements (PDF)
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) – Child Outcomes
For more information, contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.