You are here
Colorado Spanish Language Arts
Third and fourth grade students who meet the eligibility criteria are able to participate in Colorado Spanish Language Arts (CSLA), the accommodated form of the CMAS English Language Arts/Literacy (ELA) assessment. Colorado School Law C.R.S. §22-7-1006.3 (4) (II)(b), requires a Spanish Language Arts assessment for third and fourth grade. CSLA aligns to skills and concepts in the Colorado Academic Standards. These paper-based forms are an accommodation for eligible English learners (Not English Proficient and Limited English Proficient only) and were created using blueprints that mirror the CMAS ELA assessment.
CSLA Participation Guidelines
Performance Level Descriptors (PLDs)
- CMAS English Language Arts High Level Blueprints (Including CSLA, updated Spring 2018)
All CMAS Practice Resources (Spanish and English) are available at https://coassessments.com.
- 2021-22 CMAS Math, ELA, and Science Technical Report (PDF)
- 2020-21 CMAS Math, ELA, and Science Technical Report (ZIP)
- 2018-19 CMAS Math and ELA Technical Report (ZIP)
- 2017-18 CMAS Math and ELA Technical Report (ZIP)
- 2016-17 CSLA Colorado Spanish Language Arts Technical Report (PDF)
- 2015-16 CSLA Colorado Spanish Language Arts Technical Report (PDF)
To view information archived materials from previous administrations click here.