*Note: The High School Equivalency Office or HSE was formerly known as the GED Office.
*Note: The HSE Office is a sub-office of the Office of Postsecondary Readiness.
The state HSE office is responsible for oversight of the GED test given at testing centers throughout Colorado. The office ensures that the testing centers are in compliance with state and national GED Testing standards and also acts as a liaison for information between testing centers and the national GED Testing Service.
- Provide customer service about GED Testing sites to those seeking to take the GED Test and earn a High School Equivalency Diploma
- Train and monitor GED Testing in accordance with state policy and the national GED Testing Service (GEDTS)
- Ensure test centers are strategically located throughout the state for maximum accessibility
- Provide Colorado GED data for CDE and the GED Testing Service
- Develop an ongoing, comprehensive, communication strategy about the GED in Colorado
- Work with Diploma Sender, the vendor that prints official transcipts and High School Equivalency Diplomas for Colorado, as needed
- Work with GED testing scoring service to ensure security of records.
- Support the administration of the new 2014 GED
- Implement and set up computer based test centers
- Transition the public to order official GED transcripts and diplomas through Diploma Sender instead of CDE