Thursday Update Supplement
Colorado Association of School Business Officials (ColoradoASBO) Conference, April 4-6, 2018
- The Colorado Association of School Business Officials (ColoradoASBO) conference is a great networking and professional development opportunity for business and operations departments within your school district. This year, ColoradoASBO will waive all registration fees for nutrition directors. For more information, click here for the ColoradoASBO invitation.
Green Schools Conference and Expo (GSCE)
- This national event brings together those involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build, and teach in U.S. schools.
Get Schools Cooking!
The Chef Ann Foundation is seeking school districts who are interested in transitioning their food service operations to scratch cooking. This three-year program will focus on food, finance, facilities, human resources and marketing. In addition, program participants are eligible to apply for a $50,000 systems improvement grant. Applications are due Thursday, March 1, 2018. Click here to apply.
School Food Institute - Free Online Courses for Colorado School Food Service Staff
- School Food Institute, an Initiative of the Chef Ann Foundation, offers a series of online courses, taught by Chef Ann Cooper.
- These courses cover key areas of school food, from procurement and finance to menus and marketing, with a focus on scratch cooking.
- Courses are offered at no charge to Colorado school food service staff, thanks to support from The Colorado Health Foundation.
- For questions or to get your free course code, contact Meghan Brenner or call 303-249-8096.
Environmental Education (EE) Grants
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) seeks proposals to support locally focused environmental education projects.
- For more information visit, Environmental Education (EE) Grants. Proposals are due March 15, 2018.