You are here
Retaining Teachers Grant Program
About the Grant Program
The Retaining Teachers Grant Program was created by HB18-1412 and provides school districts, BOCES, and charter schools the opportunity to implement strategies to improve their ability to successfully retain teachers. This grant program does not include funds for teacher recruitment activities. For more information on grant funds available for teacher recruitment, read about the Quality Teacher Recruitment Program and the Stipends for Rural Educators opportunities offered through the Colorado Center for Rural Education.
CDE submits an annual statutorily required report to the State Board of Education, the House and Senate Education Committees of the General Assembly, and the Governor's Office. These reports can be accessed here.
- CDE is currently finalizing proposal scores and recommendations for funding for Cohort 2. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application no later than October 25, 2019. Recommendations for funding will be presented to the State Board of Education (SBE) at their November meeting. The SBE must approve these recommendations before funds can be released.
- 2019-20 Request for Proposals. Proposals were due to CDE September 12, 2019.
Cohort 1: The following local education providers were awarded a total of $2,742,307 to be used over a period of three years (2018-19 through 2020-21 fiscal years):
- Aurora Public Schools
- Denver Public Schools
- Garfield School District RE-2
- Garfield School District No. 16
- Hayden School District RE-1
- Montezuma-Cortez RE-1
- Northeast Colorado BOCES
- San Luis Valley BOCES
- West Grand School District 1-JT
Cohort 2: Approximately $2.87 million is available to be awarded for use in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years. Download the RFP for more detailed information.