CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
COVID-19 Resources for Principals
Resources for principals have been compiled by a CDE-wide, cross-unit working group to ensure principals can feel empowered to confidently lead their school communities in order to do what’s best for each student. This webpage was developed in an effort to meet the high stakes demands of teaching and learning during COVID-19. For general resources for principals, return to the Principal Resources webpage.
For questions or comments, contact the Principal Leadership Cross-Unit Work Group via email at email@example.com.
Jump to a Section:
- Best Practices for Educators - Learning at Home: High Impact Instruction in Diverse Learning Settings
- Comprehensive Center Network: Returning to School - A Toolkit for Principals
- Planning for the 2020-21 School Year Framework and Toolkit
- Turnaround Network: Launching with Unfinished Learning
- Planning for Unfinished Learning: Building the plan to address gaps across your school (PDF)
- English Language Arts
- Reopening Schools: Health Guidance by COVID-19 Phase
- Reopening Schools Questions and Answers
- State Implementation and Scaling-up of Evidence-based Practices (SISEP): Optimizing Distance learning Begins with Selection (PDF)
- National Center for Systemic Improvement (NCSI) COVID-19 Resources
Evaluating educators during virtual times - coming soon
- CDE Preschool Through 3rd Grade COVID Questions and Answers
- National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) COVID-19 Resources
- Resources for Learning at Home
- Summer School Considerations During COVID-19
- Teachers Involve Parents in Schoolwork (TIPS) Activities for Students without Computers and Internet at Home
Turnaround Network Virtual Hiring - Spring 2020
- Virtual Hiring Session 1: Creating a Virtual Hiring Process through Defining Moments - Reflect on best practices from other organizations to develop an engaging virtual hiring experience aligned with your school's vision and mission that will allow for candidates to demonstrate desired competencies
- Virtual Hiring Session 2: Systems, Structures, and Tips to Support a Virtual Hiring Process - Tactical tools to organize and operate a virtual hiring process. Sample templates, including case studies and question banks, can be used or adapted for use.
- Session 2 Webinar Recording
- Session 2 (PowerPoint)
- Case Studies
- Sample Email to Candidate (PDF)
- Question Bank: Phone Screening and Interviews (PDF)
- Virtual Hiring Tracker (EXCEL)
- Landing Page (PDF)