CDE will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Ninth Grade Success Grant RFP 2019-2020
The Colorado Department of Education is currently accepting new grant proposals for the Ninth Grade Success Grant. For application instructions, program intent and purpose, allowable uses of funds, etc., refer to the Request for Proposal and related items posted below. Grant awards are for a consecutive four-year period. Approximately $725,000 is available for the 2019-2020 school year.
Application to Review Ninth Grade Success Grant:
Peer reviewers are being sought for reviewing and scoring proposals. The in-person review is currently planned for Wednesday, December 4, 2019 (8 am - 5 pm) in the Denver metro area.
Application forms to complete and submit:
- Letter of Intent - Due Wednesday, October 2, 2019 VIA Survey Monkey
Letter of Intent (LOI) are not required but are encouraged.
Request for Proposal - Due Thursday, November 14, 2019 by 11:59pm ***It has recently come to our attention that the budget template for the Ninth Grade Success Program is too large to email for many of you when it is completed. We are asking that you upload the budget template to Syncplicity instead. Please email Mandy Christensen for the link to the folder. Due to the size of the Excel template, we are asking all districts to save the Worksheet as a Binary Excel Sheet before submitting the template to the CDE. You can do this simply by going to “Save As”, Choose Browse and then under Save As type: Use the dropdown to choose Excel Binary Workbook. This will greatly reduce the size/space of the template.***
- Request for Proposal (RFP) (PDF format) Revised 9/30/19
- Request for Proposal (RFP) (Word format) Revised 9/30/19
- Budget (Excel) Revised 11/13/19
- Application Cover Page and Assurances Form
- Attachment A: Definitions for the Ninth Grade Success Program (PDF)
- Attachment B: Dropout Prevention Framework for Ninth Grade Success (PDF)
- Attachment C: Priority Considerations and Data (PDF)
- Attachment D: Program Evaluation and Reporting Requirements (PDF)
- Attachment E: Letter of Intent Sample (PDF)
RFP Training and Technical Assistance