You are here
Teacher Appreciation Week
About Teacher Appreciation Week
Colorado teachers have gone to extraordinary lengths to support students and their families during an extraordinarily difficult year. Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7, 2021 -- the perfect time for us to thank teachers for their tremendous dedication, creativity and problem solving during the pandemic. CDE invites you to participate and give thanks to Colorado's deserving teachers.
During this week, we invite everyone to share a post, image or video with a sign thanking a teacher on any social media site using the hashtag #ThankATeacherCO. To help districts and schools celebrate this week, we've created a number of resources to spread the word in schools, with administrators, parents and local communities.
Click to jump to a section:
We have compiled a list of discounts and freebies available to teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week as well as throughout the year.
To help get the word out about Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week, use and customize the resources below. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs.
#ThankATeacherCO Downloadable Template
Click here to download, customize and print your own #ThankATeacherCO sign (DOC). Take your picture with it and upload it to any social media site using the #ThankATeacherCO in the post!
No printer? No problem! Create your own sign or share a photo or drawing of something a teacher taught you! For example, write out a math equation or pose with your favorite book from a high school English class.
#ThankATeacherCO Social Media Graphics
Download and post these images with the sample social media messaging below. To download, click the link then right click the image and "Save As" to your desktop.
Sample social media posts have been created to help schools, districts, state agencies and companies in Colorado encourage their community members to thank the teachers who have made a difference in their lives. Just copy and paste the text below.
Please note that these are just suggested social media posts to make it easy for you, but you can also modify and/or use additional posts.
- Teachers have shown resilience and adaptability during this difficult year and we are grateful for their extraordinary efforts to support students. Share the love with your teachers by participating in #ThankATeacherCO! #edcolo
- As spring flowers bloom, let us all take a moment to send gratitude to our teachers for all they do! #ThankATeacherCO #edcolo
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7.This is your chance to tell us about a teacher who made a difference in your life. Share your message using #ThankATeacherCO and tag a friend to invite them to also give thanks! #edcolo
- Colorado loves teachers! During Teacher Appreciation Week, tell us about something a teacher taught you that you will never forget. Use #ThankATeacherCO. Download, customize and print a sign here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/thankateachercotemplate or create your own. #edcolo
- During Teacher Appreciation Week, thank an outstanding teacher you know by nominating them to be the next Colorado Teacher of the Year: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeawards/teacheroftheyear. #edcolo #ThankATeacherCO
Sample Facebook Posts
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7. This is your chance to tell us how much you appreciate teachers. Share your message using #ThankATeacherCO and tag a friend to invite them to participate. Download, customize and print a #ThankATeacherCO sign here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/thankateachercotemplate#edcolo or create your own!
- Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! Don't forget to #ThankATeacherCO by sharing a special photo or video. Tell us how your child's teacher has gone above and beyond to support their students during the past year or share something you learned from a teacher that you will never forget.
- What better way to say THANK YOU to an outstanding teacher you know, during #ThankATeacherCO Week, than to nominate them for the 2022 Colorado Teacher of the Year Award? Access the quick and easy online form here: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeawards/teacheroftheyear. #edcolo
Sample message to schools on how to engage parents
2021 Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week
Here at [school district name], we are especially grateful to teachers right now for being so adaptable, creative and dedicated during the last year. Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7, and we want to use this opportunity to thank teachers for serving students and their families in an especially difficult year.
To help schools encourage parents and families to participate, the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has created a #ThankATeacher promotional event toolkit with resources including certificates, flyers, thank you cards and social media graphics.
Invite parents to get involved by:
- Sharing how their children's teachers have helped virtually while students learn at home.
- Encouraging them to nominate a teacher for the 2022 Colorado Teacher of the Year Award.
- Having their child sign and send thank you cards to their teachers.
- Having your school principal, PTA/PTSA president or student sign and send PTA's ready-made appreciation certificates (PDF) to the teachers in your school.
- Share photos and your activities during the week on social media by using the hashtag #ThankATeacherCO.
- On Thursday, encourage parents to upload a #TBT of them and their favorite teacher using #ThankATeacherCO.
Let's share the love for our teachers!
The materials below are intended for organizations, state and local agencies and businesses interested in participating in Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week. Use these sample materials to invite your teams to join.
Sample e-newsletter or website content
2021 Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week
Colorado loves teachers! We cannot begin to thank them enough for being so adaptable and stepping up during the past year. During Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3-7, [Organization's Name ] invites everyone to participate and give thanks to Colorado's teachers.
Share a post, image or video on any social media site with a thank you message and the hashtag #ThankATeacherCO. Post about how a teacher has influenced your children or give a shout out to a teacher who has made a difference in your life. Tag a friend and invite them also to give thanks.
Sample internal staff engagement email
Subject: 2021 Teacher Appreciation Week
Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7, and you're invited to participate and give thanks to Colorado's teachers!
During this week, share a post, image or video on any social media site with the hashtag #ThankATeacherCO. Share how you've seen teachers going above and beyond to support students and their families during the past year. You can also give a shout out to a teacher who has made a difference in your life with a tweet, Facebook post or other social media post. Tag a friend and invite them to join in! Click here to download, customize and print your own #ThankATeacherCO sign (DOC) or create your own using materials at home.
Another great way to thank an outstanding teacher you know is by nominating them for the 2022 Colorado Teacher of the Year Award! To nominate simply fill out this online form.
To help you get started, use, modify and fill in the blanks on these sample social media posts:
- We are so grateful for _______ [teacher name] for their resilience and adaptability. Thank you for the hard work you do!! #ThankATeacherCO
- Thank you _______ [teacher name] for teaching me _______ ! #ThankATeacherCO
Tag our [Organization's Name ] Facebook [LINK TO FB PAGE] and Twitter [LINK TO TWITTER PAGE] pages or share and retweet our posts. Let's celebrate Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week!
For more information, including information about previous winners, visit the program webpage.
Nominate a Teacher for the 2022 Teacher of the Year Award
Do you know an outstanding teacher? Say 'Thank You' during Colorado Teacher Appreciation Week and nominate them for the 2022 Colorado Teacher of the Year Award.
Apply to be the 2022 Colorado Teacher of the Year
The state's next Teacher of the Year could be you! We are accepting applications through Wednesday, July 14.
Thank you to Denver 7 for supporting the Teacher of the Year program!