The 2016 password and public facing reports will be available soon. Keep an eye on the scoop for additional information. For questions, contact B Sanders at email@example.com.
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the General Assembly passed House Bill 14-1376 which requires the Colorado Department of Education to develop a course level participation and performance report - hereinafter referred to as the Student Course Participation and Achievement report. The legislation recognizes that course-level placement decisions in core courses have a significant impact on a student’ potential to attain proficiency on the statewide assessments in core content areas and to attain postsecondary and workforce readiness.
Per the legislation, the report must include:
- Student participation in each core course level (math, English, science and social science) disaggregated by student groups; and
- When available, the proficiency levels of students in each core course level as measured on the statewide assessments, disaggregated by student groups.
Progress and Next Steps
- CDE communicated to local area managers (LAMs) about two new roles related to the Student Course Participation and Achievement report.
- LAMs are individuals who are responsible for assigning district and school access to the reports.
- On November 1, CDE will release to districts access to their district-level Student Course Participation and Achievement report through CEDAR.
- Please contact your district LAM if you have questions concerning access, password reset, username, or any other questions concerning log-in.
- Districts can submit access questions to their LAM here.
- CDE will release a school version approximately one week later on November 7.
- Initially, districts will have access to the 2014-15 data.
- CDE will update the reports in early December with 2015-16 data when Student End of Year data are approved and released by districts.
- CDE is not releasing a public version of the Student Course Participation and Achievement report for 2016.
- CDE will release public reports in 2017.
- Email your feedback to B. Sanders, Accountability and Data Analysis