EdFacts 60 Day Comment Period
The US Department of Education has just released a new OMB Clearance Package for the proposed EDFacts Information Collection package for SY 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22.
Comments in response to this notice must be submitted electronically.
This package is available for review and public comment until January 7, 2019.
About the Proposed Package
The proposed package includes current and new data requirements, changes to existing collections, and deletions. The full package includes two supporting statements and six attachments:
- Attachment A: Data Groups and Categories (Excel and PDF) – All of the data groups and categories collected from State Education Agencies presented as an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the type of changes (i.e. new, revised, retired, no changes) to the data group and category. This attachment is also available as a printable PDF document.
- Attachment B: Directory – A detailed description of the items that make up the directory of EDFacts, or the lists of schools and districts and their descriptive elements.
- Attachment C: EMAPS Collections – A complete list of surveys and questions for the metadata collections that are included as part of EDFacts.
- Attachment D: Directed Questions – Questions on specific topics for which ED would like to obtain input from EDFacts data submitters and stakeholders.
- Attachment E: Overview and Information to Assist Reviewers – An explanation of the EDFacts data set to assist reviewers.
For questions related to collection activities or burden, please contact Kashka Kubzdela, 202-245-7377.